For an Informed Love of God
You are here
6. Digging deeper
In the previous chapter, I covered the basics of canonicity. In this chapter, we’ll dig a little deeper to look at some of the more difficult questions related to this topic.
- Is the canon “closed”? When was it closed? Can new books be added to it?
- What role did the church fathers play in determining the canon?
- What is the “core of the canon”? How did this core help determine whether other books were accepted?
- How would you respond to someone saying that there were many different theologies, and the canon we have today is just the result of which theology won?
- Why are apocryphal writings not considered to be authoritative?