For an Informed Love of God
You are here
Thank you to those who have donated to help cover the costs of keeping FlashWorks and ParseWorks current. The software and server costs are about $1,000 a year.
We are glad to release version 5.6 of FlashWorks (05/02/2022)
- Please start by downloading the installer.and decompress them (see Install FlashWorks to the left).
- Please read through how to use FlashWorks in order to get the most out of it (How to use FlashWorks).
Here are the new features
- A new installer for ARM Macs. These are computers with Apple’s new M1 chip, and this version will not run on older Macs.
- A new installer for Intel Macs (“universal”).
- A new installer for Windows
- Requires a minimum operating system of 10.10.5 (Yosemite) and Windows 8.1.
- On the Mac, you will no longer see a message about an unidentified developer when installing.
- The window is larger and can be resized.
- Font sizes can be set in [Saved preferences] and will dynamically change with the size of the window.
- Definitions have been updated to match those in the fourth edition of Basics of Biblical Greek.
- The database has been renamed to “FlashWorks” (from FlashWorksGreek”), and the folder “audio-greek” is now “audio.”
Thank you to those who have donated to cover my software costs. Much appreciated.
FlashWorks is a vocabulary drilling program. Each word is tagged for difficulty, type (noun, verb, etc.), chapter, and frequency in the Biblical text. You can then ask for any cross section you wish, such as "all verbs occurring more than 30 times in the New Testament that occur in chapters 16 through 24 in the textbook and which I have tagged with a difficulty rating of three through five" (five being the most difficult for you). FlashWorks remembers words as you get them right and/or wrong and can automatically set the difficulty rating. There are databases for Greek (Basics of Biblical Greek), Hebrew (Basics of Biblical Hebrew) and other languages.