For an Informed Love of God
Greek for the Rest of Us: Textbook
Author: Dr. William D. Mounce
Format: Flex cover
Printed Page Count: 311
List Price: $29.99
Size: 6.11 × 10 in
You may purchase Greek for the Rest of Us online from ChristianBook.com or from your local bookstore.
You may download the Table of Contents and Preface.
- Foundational Greek: Learn enough Greek to make sense of a Strong's Bible, such that when you do mouse overs in software, the information shown makes sense. Greek word studies are covered in this first section.
- Church Greek: Learn more about Greek so that you can intelligently use reverse interlinears and traditional Greek-English interlinears. For most people learning Greek in a church context, this completes what they need to know to go much deeper in their Bible study.
Greek for the Rest of Us cover two years of Greek grammar, the normal amount taught in seminaries. You should be able to do anything a seminary-trained person in traditional Greek can do (except for reading Greek without software).
There is an online class that parallels the textbook, including significant amounts of helps such as vocabulary and homework exercises.
There are video lectures (for purchase) that cover the entire textbook.
Greek for the Rest of Us, the second edition of renowned Greek teacher William Mounce’s widely used resource, teaches the essentials of biblical Greek and how to use more advanced Bible study tools. Greek for the Rest of Us is ideal for the beginner and even for those with a seminary education.
You don’t have to be a Greek student to understand biblical Greek. If you’d love to learn Greek so you can study your Bible better, but you can’t spare two years for college or seminary courses, then Greek for the Rest of Us is for you. Developed by renowned Greek teacher William Mounce, this revolutionary crash course will acquaint you with the essentials of the language and deepen your understanding of God’s Word. You’ll gain a sound knowledge of basic Greek, and you’ll learn how to use tools that will add muscle to your Bible studies. In six sections, Greek for the Rest of Us will help you:
- Recite the Greek alphabet
- Read and pronounce Greek words
- Learn the Greek noun and verbal system
- Conduct Greek word studies
- Move further into the intricacies of the Greek noun and verbal system
- Learn an exegetical method called "Phrasing" that uses Greek to help you see the biblical author's flow of thought
- Decipher why translations are different
- Read better commentaries and other research tools
Greek for the Rest of Us Laminated Sheet
Mounce's Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words
For years, Vine's has been the standard word study tool for pastors and laypeople. This new dictionary is written by over 40 Bible scholars, edited by Bill Mounce, and contains in-depth definitions. This dictionary is ideal for those with little or no knowledge of Greek or Hebrew but want greater insight into the meaning of biblical words to enhance their Bible study. This dictionary contains 14,000 entries, is keyed to several translations, both Greek and Hebrew words are found under each English entry, and uses both Strong's and G/K numbers. It also reveals connections and nuances not apparent in English translations.
Interlinear for the Rest of Us
While other interlinear Bibles assume that you know Greek. Interlinear for the Rest of Us assumes that you don’t, or that you’ve forgotten much of what you once knew. Designed for busy pastors, Sunday school teachers, and anyone who wants a practical tool for studying the Scriptures, this interlinear makes reading easy by flip-flopping the usual order of appearance. It uses the English text as the main text rather than the Greek, so there is absolutely no confusion about the meaning of what you’re reading. Discover the Greek words behind the English translation. Conduct your own word studies using Greek word study books — without knowing Greek.
The Zondervan Greek and English Interlinear New Testament (NIV/NASB)
Traditional interlinears, NASB/NIV, NIV/KJV, and TNIV/NLT, with a new Greek text, new interlinear translation, parsing, and Goodrich/Kohlenberger number for each word; Contains a Greek/English Dictionary.