For an Informed Love of God
Bill is the founder and President of BiblicalTraining.org, serves on the Committee for Bible Translation (which is responsible for the NIV translation of the Bible), and has written the best-selling biblical Greek textbook, Basics of Biblical Greek, and many other Greek resources. He speaks and blogs regularly on Greek and issues of spiritual growth and translation.
Bill was also a preaching pastor, a professor of New Testament and director of the Greek Language Program at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, and a professor at Azusa Pacific University. Robin and he have been married since 1983 and have three adult children.
Ph.D. 1981, in New Testament. Aberdeen University, Aberdeen, Scotland.
M.A. 1977, in Biblical Studies. Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena, California.
B.A. 1975, in Biblical Studies, minor in Greek. Bethel College, St. Paul, Minnesota; Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, Kentucky, 1971-74.
I am actively speaking at schools, churches, and ministry conferences. Please contact me if you are interested in me speaking on these topics (or perhaps others). The links are samples; I can adjust the talks to your needs.
- Opening sermon for our discipleship class, Life is a Journey
- Helping new believers begin their spiritual journey well ( Class )
- Translation theory
- Why translations are different, and trustworthy ( Lecture 1 | Lecture 2 | Lecture 3 | Lecture 4 )
- Trustworthiness of the Bible ( Lecture | 90 minute lesson given at church )
- Canonicity (why we have the books we do in our Bible) and Textual Criticism (why we can trust the Greek manuscripts behind our Bibles)
- The Pastoral Epistles (Greek or English)
- Sermon on the Mount (the class is not yet published)
|Linworth Church, Columbus Ohio||Why I Trust my Bible (Sunday night presentation)|
|Linworth Church, Columbus Ohio||The Gate and the Path (sermon)|
|Liberty University||Five types of Bible translations, and why your can trust them|
|Liberty University||Canonicity: Did the Church get the right books in the Bible?|
|Fellowship Church, Jackson||Sola Scriptura|
Subscribe to my blogs