For an Informed Love of God
A Graded Reader of Biblical Greek
Author: Dr. William D. Mounce
Page Count: 240
List Price: $22.99
Size: 8-1/2 x 11
You can purchase A Graded Reader of Biblical Greek online from ChristianBook.com or from your local bookstore.
This companion to Basics of Biblical Greek and Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics contains annotated readings from the New Testament designed for second-year students of the Greek language.
Making the leap from the basics of biblical Greek to its real-life application can be a frustrating challenge for students of intermediate Greek. A Graded Reader of Biblical Greek was developed to make the transition easier. It takes beginning exegetes from simple to progressively more difficult biblical texts. Students can now learn New Testament Greek the way they would any other language: through a graded program. A Graded Reader of Biblical Greek applies an inductive method to learning intermediate Greek grammar. It provides a workable introduction to exegesis, word studies, and developing a large vocabulary; and it assists the student in preparing for class, allowing classroom time to be put to its most effective use.
- Twenty Greek passages are presented in graded order.
- Difficult and unfamiliar grammatical constructions are explained.
- All words that occur fewer than 20 times in the New Testament are defined.
- An "Exegetical Discussion" section helps the exegete gain a deeper understanding of the language.
- A Graded Reader of Biblical Greek is the result of ten years of use and refinement by the author in an actual classroom setting.