For an Informed Love of God
First Semester Hebrew Class
Have you ever wanted to learn biblical Hebrew but were afraid it was too hard? Have you wanted to learn the language of the Old Testament but didn't want to study on your own? Now is the time to change all that.
Dr. Elliott Mallory-Greene is teaching Hebrew online starting August 31, 2017. Each semester of the two semester class will cost $895 (plus books).
The class will use video conferencing with Dr. Mallory-Greene on a weekly basis (Thursday, 5:00–6:30 P.M. CST). In order to keep the class personal, Dr. Mallory-Greene is accepting only the first 15 students who enroll. Click here to review the course syllabus.
In class you will
- Understand the basic grammar of Biblical Hebrew
- Know foundational Hebrew vocabulary words
- Begin to translate from the OT Testament with some helps
- Use Biblical Hebrew as a tool for ministry to better understand and communicate God’s Word
- Utilize commentaries and Biblical resources that require knowledge of the Hebrew language
- Start August 31, 2017
- Each semester will cost $895 (plus books)
- In order to keep the class personal, Dr. Mallory-Greene is accepting only the first 15 students who enroll. (If less than ten students enroll, the class may be cancelled.)
What you can expect
We will meet every Thursday using video technology where we will walk though the textbook and exercises together. If any of your fellow students are in the same physical location, I urge you to study together.
There are ten quizzes, a mid-term and a final.
Q and A
Will there be a second semester class? Yes, assuming we get enough students.
When are the video sessions? The schedule for the video sessions are listed in the syllabus.
Are the video sessions recorded? Video sessions are recorded so you can watch them if you miss the actual class.
When can I start? The class begins August 31, but you can start studying as soon as you sign up in order to get ahead.
Can I go at a slower pace? No. You can study whenever you wish during the week, but for the sake of the student community and our interaction, it is important that we all go at the same basic pace. This is the pace used in teaching Hebrew in university, not graduate school.
How do I get the quizzes and tests? Quizzes, keys, and tests will be emailed from the teacher.
Will my tuition be refunded if I drop the class? Because Dr. Mallory-Greene is admitting a limited number of students, once the class is closed there are no refunds.