For an Informed Love of God
You are here
1. The Greek Language
Bill will set Koine Greek in its historical position and, incidently, show that English does not come from Latin.
Read Greek for the Rest of Us, pages 2–3.
In the homework for the previous lesson, I gave you links for training videos based on which software you are using. In preparation for this lesson, be sure you can perform the following tasks.
- Install your software.
- Make sure you have updated the app and your content.
- Familiarize yourself with the Preferences. Experiment with different settings so you can see how it works.
- Make sure your default setting is ESV (NASB with BibleWorks), and that the app is showing the Greek behind the English.
- How do you bring up a basic dictionary of the meaning of the Greek word behind the English?
- Can you get to your main word study book (e.g., Mounce's Complete Expository Dictionary)?
- Can you access a basic Bible dictionary?
- Can you access a basic commentary?